Bachelor’s (University of Texas, Austin), Master’s (Cornell University), MBA (Chicago Booth School of Business, University of Chicago)
The current pandemic has been devastating, killing over 6 million humans worldwide. Variants have baffled the best of science, neutralizing many invented vaccines. First of all, we spent a lot of time on the source of this virus, whether it came from a laboratory or an animal host. The virus comes from a host animal (infected by a bat). The most important is biologist number 1, Kristian Andersen, who concludes: “The virus must have arisen by natural selection, not by manipulation”. In “Nature”, 2020, Anderson summarizes that the SARS2 Spike protein is not of the best calculated design, and therefore it cannot be “manipulated”. It has a “natural origin”. If it came from a lab, the spike protein would have fitted “optimally” to the human ACE2 receptor. It therefore does not come from a Laboratory. In recent articles in the prestigious journal “Science”, renowned virologist Mike Worobey again showed the “animal host” origin of the virus. Post the Science article, in the words of Dr. Thea Fischer, epidemiologist at the University of Copenhagen “The question of whether the virus spread from animals has now been settled with a high degree of evidence, and therefore of trust.” Additionally, the COVID19 symptoms of respiratory problems and “acute respiratory syndrome” in humans are exactly the same as those of Nipah, SARS, and MERS. SARS was caused by human consumption of civets (a 4-legged mammal) in Guangdong, China in 2002. (Source: CIDRAP, Minnesota & Robert Roos in “Science 2003) and MERS was caused by human consumption of camels (Middle East, 2012: Source: World Health Organization, CDC)
After careful study of animal viruses over the past 100 years, I have reconfirmed, supported by scientific evidence, that bat coronaviruses (as shown below) have caused Hendra virus (horses), the virus Nipah (pigs), Ebola (bats), MERS (Camels), SARS (civet cats) and now COVID19 (pangolin/badgers/raccoon dogs).
My first book, “The Killer Bat”, Kalra, 2021 (on Amazon, Flipkart) describes this mechanism in more detail. Animals were the “intermediate host”.
These viruses are then transmitted to humans, when humans consume these bat-infected animals. Examples are the Asian flu pandemic (1957-58), caused by the human consumption of ducks (Source: CDC) when over 1.1 million people were killed. Hendra virus appeared in horses in 1994. Nipah virus followed in 1997 in Malaysia due to human consumption of pigs (infected by bats). The deadly SARS virus (bat-infected civets) followed in 2002/03 and spread to 27 countries in less than 6 weeks. Same with the MERS virus (human consumption of camels infected with bats) in 2012. MERS was located early, so it did not spread like SARS
Why do these “respiratory pandemics” occur?
The Furin Cleavage Site
At the heart of these bat coronaviruses is a “furin cleavage site” that is present in all coronaviruses. When a human eats a bat-infected animal, this “furin cleavage site” activates a protease enzyme called “Furine”. The role of furin is KEY in understanding the evolution and metamorphosis of respiratory pandemics.
“The cellular protein ‘Furin’ cleaves the protein at the S1/S2 cleavage site, and this cleavage is essential for protein S-mediated cell-cell fusion and entry into human lung cells.”
– Hoffman, Weber, Pohlmann, Molecular Cell, May 2020
“Kalra Furin’s Rule”
These respiratory pandemics happen for a structured reason. It’s because of humans eating animals, which are infected with bat coronaviruses. Let’s say in the case of SARS, a civet was being eaten and it is infected with a bat coronavirus. There is a Furin Cleavage site in every Bat Coronavirus. On the civet eaten, there is a protease enzyme called “Furine” which is activated. According to virologists Hoffman and Weber, this cellular protein Furin cleaves protein S at the S1/S2 site and this cleavage is essential for protein S cell-cell fusion and entry into human lung cells“. Following the work of Hoffman and Weber, basically according to Kalra Furin’s rule, this furin drives the cell-cell fusion of protein S and entry into human lung cells, and this “furin” hijacks the protein in human cells, amplifies the virus, then spreads the virus, amplifies the virus, and this virus finally causes the death of human beings. Please see diagram above.
1. This Furine action of ENTRY INTO HUMAN LUNG CELLS is the cause of respiration and “acute respiratory syndrome” in human beings. There is a “following hyperviral effect” which is transmission (human to human) at N, i.e. when the virus begins to spread exponentially, as seen in the pandemic of Asian Flu (Ducks, 1957), SARS (Civets, 2002), MERS (Camels, 2012) and now COVID 19 (Pangolin/Blaireaux, 2020)
2. [(Animal-Human)+(Human-Human)raise to N Transmission] : It is spread from Human Mouth to Mouth by “breath”, not by touch or by consuming the same dish. It is “Virus Optimality” that causes “Optimal Virus Distribution” from the Virus point of view. It will inflict maximum damage to human beings. It follows a formula of [(Animal-Human) + (Human-Human) raise to N]where N is the number of humans. “Virus optimality” is when it travels “short distances up to 3 meters through the air”, mouth to human mouth (aerosol transmission). This leads to a “viral effect or network effect of the virus”. This method of transmission is far superior to touching or eating the same dish.
3. This Furin action, which is a direct function of the Furin cleavage site, is nearly identical across SARS-COV2, SARS, MERS, Nipah, Hendra, Ebola, and Marburg viruses. Furin cleaves the spike protein at the S1/S2 site. This cleavage is required for protein S-mediated cell-cell fusion and entry into human lung cells and the resulting acute respiratory syndrome (as seen in SARS, SARS-CoV-2, MERS and others. SARS-COV2 (COVID19) has a polybasic insertion (PRRAR) at the S1/S2 cleavage site that can be “cleaved by furin”. Similar “furin action” in SARS. An analogous cleavage pattern was present at S1/S2 of the Spike protein in MERS (Camels). Same in the case of Nipah virus (pigs infected by bats). different, depending on the animal. More details can be found in my 3rd book to be published on March 3, “La Solution Zéro Covid”, Chp4
4. In addition, these bat coronaviruses have also spread to pets like Cattle, pigs and chickens (Stanley Perlman & Fehr, PMID 25720466)causing “fatal” diseases: Entiritis in cattle and pigs, Respiratory diseases (chicken).
5. “The Wuhan Strain” and “The Delta Variant” : There is the original “Wuhan Strain”, originating from Wuhan, China. The virus spread due to regular 8-9 flights from Wuhan to the United States, Europe and Iran after the Chinese New Year, spreading by mouth to mouth. The “delta variant” is d/dx (H5N8) = first derivative of the H5N8 virus in chickens. Originally from India. Caused the second deadly wave in India. Similar transmission mechanism. The New York Times’ Gorman alludes to it in “A New Bird Flu jumps to Humans” (April 26, 2021). Bat coronaviruses cause “respiratory problems in chickens” which led to respiratory problems in humans when consuming these chickens, which led to the “Oxygen Crisis” (In India, the wild animals are not eaten, the consumption of cattle is prohibited and the consumption of pigs is very low).
To conclude, bat coronaviruses through the action of “Furin” through Furin cleavage sites play an extremely important role in “protecting the animal kingdom” from human encroachment. Similarly, when cannibals eat human beings, they contract brain disease. Different ecosystems. Deadly viruses and pandemics occur when humans eat animals (wild animals and pets). Moreover, animals are able to absorb these bat coronaviruses. Humans cannot, because humans and animals are different ecosystems. A structured 2-year shift to a “plant-based diet” and one serving of lab meat (Beyond Meat, Impossible Foods) is the solution needed. Period.
Email: [email protected]
LinkedIn: Ashish Kalra