We are all familiar with pre- and post-workout supplements, but intra-workout workouts can do wonders for all of our gains.
When it comes to our mid-workout needs, look for a intra-workout supplement is exactly what we need to fuel us. Finding a good supplement can be difficult and although the focus is on pre and post workout needs as these are the best times to prepare and recover your body, the middle of our workout still needs to be shown a bit of. ‘love. As we grind and work our bodies, it should be a priority to continually pump ourselves with all the nutrients essential for growth and recovery as we strive for the best for our gains.
What an intra-workout supplement can do is help growth and recovery while hydrating and ensuring that your muscles are fully supported. It can be very easy to exhaust your body of everything it needs to really be successful, and luckily companies have started to take a serious look at the products that will keep us in shape at any stage of our training. With clean and effective intra-workout ingredients, you’ll never have to worry about feeling tired or sacrificing your gains again.
Let’s take a look at intra-workout supplements and really see what they can do for our intra-workout needs. With so much to offer and big companies backing some really great products, it is possible for you to start seeing the growth you want most from every workout.
What are intra-workout supplements?
Intra-workout supplements are those meant to be taken during your workout. This would effectively complement the three stages of your training before, during and after training. While a pre-workout will give you energy and muscle pumps, and a protein supplement will improve growth and recovery, an intra-workout fills the gap in between for increased energy, better hydration, less fatigue and faster recovery. Capable of being absorbed into the body quickly, your muscles can use it for peak performance and these amazing ingredients can quickly start to make an effective change.
Key ingredients included
- BCAAs: Three branched-chain amino acids have many benefits including muscle growth, fatigue and pain reduction, and recovery (1).
- Leucine: Works for muscle maintenance, recovery and can alter body composition.
- Isoleucine: May decrease muscle damage and pain as well as reduce fatigue.
- Valine: Will increase energy and stimulate muscles for faster recovery.
- Creatine: Can increase strength, size and power output while increasing recovery and high intensity work (2).
- Betaine: May improve muscle mass, relieve muscle soreness, and promote fat loss.
- Beta Alanine: Delays fatigue and stimulates muscle building for better athletic performance.
- L-Citrulline: Reduces muscle pain and increases both exercise capacity and athletic performance (3).
Benefits of intra-workout supplements
With a host of benefits for your overall workout, performance, health, and well-being, all of your needs will be covered to ensure you get the most out of every workout. The benefits of intra-workout supplements include:
Intra-workout supplements can improve muscle growth by stimulating your muscles and allowing for hypertrophy. With ingredients like creatine included in the formula, it will increase strength and size and really target accelerating the growth of these muscles (4).
With less fatigue and more energy, you allow yourself to really target time under tension and more resistance against your muscles. This increases strength, but also power as you are now relying on your muscles to do more work and with more explosiveness.
With certain ingredients and often a healthy amount of carbohydrates, your body can then use them for energy and allow your workouts to really take off. It will work to improve endurance and all of your other aerobic needs.
Reduce fatigue and muscle pain
Fatigue and muscle aches can be a bit inevitable when it comes to exercising and pushing your body to the max, but there are ways around this problem so that it doesn’t become so debilitating. By reducing them, you are really working to give your body the best chance for overall growth (5).
When your muscles are dehydrated, they cannot function properly and your gains suffer. These supplements can hydrate your muscles and ensure they are maintained throughout the workout.
Decrease muscle breakdown
We all work hard in the gym and deserve to see our gains come to life. With these supplements, you are working to decrease catabolism and keep those muscles intact regardless of your goals (6).
Featured Intra-Workout Supplement
Finding the best products for you can be difficult, but it is possible. With the right advice and the best brands representing leading products, looking to use the best intra-workout supplement just got a little easier. While other supplements like protein powder, pre-workout, or fat burners are great for boosting your overall gains, something like an intra-workout product is what you need for those mid-workout boosts. .
SPORT BCAA performance laboratory
Performance Lab SPORT BCAA is a versatile performance and muscle building supplement. With an excellent BCAA ratio of 2: 1: 1, this will allow for increased strength and better overall performance.
SPORT BCAA performance laboratory is a versatile performance and muscle building supplement in the convenience of a capsule. SPORT BCAAs can increase strength and endurance, block muscle breakdown and pain, and optimize muscle growth and recovery. With a solid 2: 1: 1 ratio of L-leucine, L-isoleucine and L-valine, it makes this supplement very easy to absorb and makes it versatile for all athletes. L-leucine works on protein synthesis and muscle growth, L-isoleucine helps transport oxygen to muscles and promotes healing, while L-valine optimizes muscle tissue growth and repair. Due to the easy absorption and the ability to refuel quickly, Performance Lab SPORT BCAA is a great supplement to increase performance.
Price: $ 39.00
Check out our list of the best BCAA supplements for more great products!
Intra-workout supplements have the ability to truly improve all areas of our overall performance and health. With amazing ingredients and proven benefits, taking these supplements will give you the boost you need the most. When it comes to those pre and post workout needs, we have them covered. But your mid-workout goals should also be met and with a quality intra-workout product they’re much closer than they appear.
* Images courtesy of Envato
- Negro, M .; Giardina, S .; Marzani, B .; Marzatico (2008). “Branched-chain amino acid supplementation does not improve athletic performance, but affects muscle recovery and the immune system.” (source)
- Kreider, Richard B. (2003). âEffects of Creatine Supplementation on Performance and Training Adaptationsâ. (source)
- Gonzalez, Adam M.; Trexler, Eric T. (2020). “Effects of citrulline supplementation on exercise performance in humans: a review of the current literature”. (source)
- Blomstrand, Eva; Eliasson, Jorgen; Karlsson, Hakan KR; Kohnke, Rickard (2006). “Branched Chain Amino Acids Activate Key Enzymes in Protein Synthesis After Exercise.” (source)
- Blomstrand, Eva (2006). “A Role of Branched Chain Amino Acids in Reducing Central Fatigue”. (source)
- Shimomura, Yoshiharu; Murakami, Taro; Nakai, Naoya; Nagasaki, Masaru; Harris, Robert A. (2004). “Exercise promotes the BCAA catabolic effects of BCAA supplementation on skeletal muscle during exercise.” (source)