SAN FRANCISCO, October 27, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The World sailboat market size is expected to reach $ 7.03 billion by 2028, with a CAGR of 2.4% from 2021 to 2028, according to a new report from Grand View Research, Inc. One of the main drivers of market growth is the increase in investment in research and development activities. The companies collaborate with international engineering companies, yacht designers and technological innovation providers to develop new models. For example, the HanseYachts group uses Catia, a design software, which allows it to map the entire production and development process, from the first design to the activation of the production machines. Other companies are also adapting to changing market conditions and reacting quickly to changing customer preferences to maintain their position in the market.
Main lessons and findings:
- In terms of hull type, the monohull segment dominated the market in 2020 and is also expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. While sailing is popular in western countries with longer coastlines, there are several sailboats for individual use for fun and fun activities on outings with friends and family. Increase the popularity of one-day monohull sailboats
- In terms of length, the segment up to 20 feet is expected to register a CAGR of 2.7% during the forecast period. The growth of the segment can be attributed to the increasing demand for small sailboats such as dinghies, beach catamarans and sailing boats.
- North America dominated the market in 2020. Europe is expected to increase at the highest CAGR of 2.9% during the forecast period. The growth of the regional market can be attributed to the presence of major market players and several local businesses and the growing popularity of boating activities.
Read the 100-page market research report, “Sail Boats Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Hull Type (Monohull, Multihull), Length (Up to 20ft, 20-50ft, Above 50ft), By region and segment forecast, 2021-2028“, by Grand View Research
Growing awareness of sustainability and the need to reduce carbon dioxide emissions have prompted suppliers and shipyards to actively invest in more sustainable solutions. For example, to offer a diversified and more environmentally friendly portfolio, Rolls-Royce Power Systems invests in the research and development of various sustainable technologies. Revenues generated from sales of motor yachts represent a much smaller share of total market income compared to those generated from sales of sailing yachts. The companies are expanding their product portfolio to include motor yachts. For example, the HanseYachts group continues to invest in expanding the product portfolio of its Sealine and Fjord brands and in regional expansion or strengthening of the dealer network.
Companies face intense competition in the international market. Consequently, changing economic conditions in the main sales markets have an impact on product demand despite the wide regional diversification of international dealer networks. Military conflicts in the Middle East could affect sales in Middle East countries. The departure of the United Kingdom from the European Union and the lingering uncertainties regarding the future economic relations between the United Kingdom and the European Union, the depreciation of the Turkish lira and trade protectionism in the United States could negatively affect unit sales of companies exporting boats to these countries. .
Grand View Research has segmented the global sailboat market on the basis of hull type, length, and region:
- Sailboat Hull Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Sailboat Length Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Up to 20 ft.
- 20-50 ft.
- Above 50ft.
- Regional Sailboat Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of key players in the sailboat market
- Hallberg-RassyVarvs AB
- BÉNETEAU GROUP
- Bavaria Yachtbau
- Ferretti Group
- Catalina yachts
- Hanse Yachts AG
- CANTIÈRE DEL PARDO Spa
- Dufour Yachts
- Pajot fountain
Check out other studies on boats and yachts, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Yacht market–The size of the global yacht market has been estimated at $ 8.15 billion in 2020. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% from 2021 to 2028.
- Yacht charter market–The size of the global yacht charter market has been estimated at $ 6.5 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% from 2020 to 2027.
- Pleasure boat market–The size of the global recreational craft market has been estimated to be $ 41.08 billion in 2020. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% from 2021 to 2028.
Browse Grand View Research’s coverage on Global Automotive and Transportation Industry.
Go to Grand View Compass, our intuitive BI market research database of over 10,000 reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a United States-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated and personalized research reports and consulting services. Checked in California and headquartered at San Francisco, the company has more than 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,200 market research reports to its extensive database each year. These reports provide in-depth analysis of 46 industries in 25 major countries around the world. Using an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and assess upcoming opportunities.
Business Sales Specialist, United States
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll free: 1-888-202-9519
E-mail: [email protected]
The Web: https://www.grandviewresearch.com
Follow us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.