At the start of the pandemic, StemExpress implemented a turnkey COVID-19 testing solution using ThermoFisher PCR technology. It has quickly established itself as a preferred testing provider for state, local, tribal and territorial governments, public health departments, healthcare entities, private sector organizations, educational institutions and the public. Across the country.
The vision for this project was brought to life by CEO and founder of StemExpress, Cate Dyer, to adapt to the relentless pandemic and tackle the crisis at the national level. Almost two years later, communities and governments across the country continue to be immobilized by the ever-changing strains of the pandemic on the economy.
âThis idea arose out of being on the front lines of COVID-19 from the start, working with underserved communities, farm laborers, nursing homes, tribal lands, and witnessing the shortcomings accessibility issues that still persist to this day, âsaid Dyer. “This Biden administration is committed to planning for an efficient and equitable distribution of tests and vaccines, and we are doing our part to make that plan a reality.”
StemExpress mobile labs are fully contained, all-weather, deployment labs built to travel to all areas affected by COVID-19 to deliver vaccines and tests. The proprietary version includes:
- Large-scale COVID-19 PCR test lab:
- High throughput RT-PCR benchmark laboratory capable of performing up to 300 tests every 4 hours.
- ThermoFisher Accula â¢ PCR rapid test solution with highly accurate results within 30 minutes.
- Properly equipped to safely store and deploy COVID-19 vaccines, COVID-19 booster and antibody treatments, using onboard refrigeration and freezers.
- Additional generators and gasoline tanks enlarged for the possibility of carrying out operations in places where the power supply is questionable or non-existent.
- Disaster WiFi units designed to reliably pick up a signal anywhere in the world.
- Immediate reporting to healthcare providers, public health departments and government agencies through the StemExpress Epic EHR system portal – which serves over 200 million patients across the country.
StemExpress will organize private guided tours of its mobile pandemic response laboratory in Rockville, Maryland to Thursday September 30e to StemExpress Stem Cell Collection Center, 9707 Medical Center Drive, Suite 230, Rockville, Maryland 70850 – Ilocated in Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center. To schedule a visit, please email [emailÂ protected].
For more information on the mobile lab, visit MobileLabUnits.com.
To schedule a visit, send an email [emailÂ protected]
For media inquiries, please email [emailÂ protected]
Founded in 2010 and based in Sacramento, California, StemExpress is the world’s leading supplier of biological samples of human primary cells, stem cells, bone marrow, cord blood, peripheral blood and disease products. Its products are used for research and development, clinical trials, and commercial production of cell and gene therapies by academic, biotechnology, diagnostic, pharmaceutical and contract research (CRO) organizations.
StemExpress has fourteen (14) global distribution partners and eight (8) physical cellular clinics in United States, equipped with CLIA certified GMP laboratories. StemExpress runs its own nonprofit STEM initiatives, college and high school internships, and women-led organizations. It is registered with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is continuously expanding its network of healthcare partnerships which currently includes more than 50 hospitals in Europe and 3 US healthcare systems – comprising 31 hospitals, 35 ambulatory care facilities and more than 200 individual practices and clinics.
StemExpress was ranked by Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States