Selected candidates will receive a fixed allowance of Rs 5,000 per month
Candidates with a background in chemistry, botany, life sciences, biotechnology or biochemistry are best suited for the position
The National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), an autonomous institute under the Indian government’s Department of Biotechnology, is conducting walk-in interviews for a two-month internship in Bengaluru.
NABI aims to catalyze the transformation of the agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on agro-food biotechnology innovations for improved household nutrition security.
NABI’s food and nutrition biotechnology division needs staff as part of its scientific social responsibility.
There are six vacant internship positions and applicants with an undergraduate engineering degree and a postgraduate science degree are only eligible for the internship. Candidates with a background in chemistry, botany, life sciences, biotechnology or biochemistry are best suited for the position.
Those selected for the internship will receive a fixed stipend of Rs. 5,000 each month.
The six roles available:
- Development of guided fluorescent sensors based on glycoconjugates for the detection of CRG bacteria.
- Genomic-guided exploration of polyketide synthases for the sustainable production of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids via metabolic engineering.
- Genomic approaches to reduce Î²-ODABP levels in Lathyrus spp.
- Development of a food supplement based on microalgae for better bioavailability of essential micronutrients for monogastric animals.
- To elucidate the role of wheat ferroportin in cellular iron homeostasis.
- Extraction of non-host resistance (NHR) genes for engineering resistance to early blight in Indian mustard.
How to register :
- All interested applicants can attend the walk-in interview at the National Institute of Agri-Food Biotechnology in Knowledge city, Sector-81, Mohali-140306, Punjab on November 23, 2021 at 9:00 a.m., with the completed application form available. on http://www.nabi.res.in/.
- Incomplete application forms and applications that are not in an appropriate format may be summarily rejected.
- Applications should be submitted strictly in the prescribed format which can be downloaded from the NABI website.
- Candidates applying for more than one option can give their preference in the same application by checking more than one option. No need to submit a separate application form for each option.
- Applicants should ensure that the information mentioned in the application form is correct. Once the application form has been submitted, no further requests for changes or information in the application form will be considered.
- The completed application form must be submitted at the time of registration to NABI from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. on November 23, 2021.
- Applicants should verify their eligibility before applying, as ineligible applicants will not be interviewed.
- All applicants are requested to bring their application form, certificates of experience, publications and their original diplomas and transcripts with them.
- Canvassing in any form whatsoever or the contribution of influence, political or otherwise, will result in the disqualification of candidates.
- Applicants must strictly adhere to guidelines issued by the World Health Organization and Center Gov or State Govt on Covid-19.
Last updated on November 16, 2021